Monday, September 3, 2012

Flashcard Wishes

I got stumped by a seemingly easy request this week. One of our Educational Technology teachers and I have been spending time finding a flashcard app that:


1. Allows for large images
2. Allows for lots of text on the other side of the card
3. Can be emailed or shared to small groups or individuals
4. Can be made on computer cloud version
5. Deck can be downloaded to study on an iPad without wifi
6. Can "shuffle" the deck of flashcards, mark ones that are difficult, exclude the learned ones, and other fun learning capabilities like that.

I have tried out a bunch of great tools, but none so far can do all of the above. This is  for an Art History teacher who wants to put ARTstor images on one side and all the notes about the piece on the other (here is my Intro to ARTstor LibGuide). You would think this would be easy to find, but all the ones I have tried so far are missing crucial elements. The best cards are on Gflashcards, but the sharing is limited because of ARTstor's understandable Terms of Use.
Do you know of one that works for all of these criteria? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. I few years ago I read about StudyBlue and Evernote and how one can make flashcards out of Evernote notes. You can also use StudyBlue to make flashcards without Evernote.

    I haven't used StudyBlue or the StudyBlue/Evernote combo, so I don't know all of the ins and outs or if it would be useful for you.

    I'd be interested in hearing what works out for you.

    ReplyDelete