Sunday, March 1, 2009

6 Things That Make Me Happy

I was recently tagged by Buffy Hamilton (one of my new friends who I have never actually met in person - but I will at AASL!) in a meme called Things That Make Me Happy. I don't usually do these types of lists - I am not really sure why exactly, but then I saw how easy this one is and thought it could be a nice way to learn more about my new (and one old) friends in my Personal Learning Network (more on that in another post). It is hard to think of just 6, but here they are (in no particular order):
1. Spontaneous hugs from my almost-10-year-old son.
2. Watching my almost-7-year-old daughter figure something out on her own.
3. Finding out about a new reader in the school where I work (aha! a new victim!).
4. The beach. Seeing the ocean from afar, swimming in the water, riding in on a wave - picnicking on a blanket in the sand, anything that involves the beach!
5. Having friends over for dinner.
6. Laughing with my husband.

Here are the rules for this meme:

  • Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Post six things that make you happy along with these rules.
  • Then tag six others (letting them know, of course..I only tagged 5).
  • Let the person who tagged you know when your entry is complete.
Lazygal

By the way, I also get really happy when people comment on my blog!

4 comments:

  1. Wow....your post is beautiful! Like you, I share a deep love of the beach...I can spend hours just gazing at the water. My dream job (other than the one I have!) would be to open a library on the beach---I was at Jekyll Island below Savannah a few weeks ago, and I picked out the perfect spot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned something about my blog..It publishes by the date I started the draft, not by date that I actually clicked the publish button. I'll be there is a way around that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I posted a comment http://bookhooknomad.blogspot.com/. You are coming to AISL as well aren't you? It would be great to meet up. 8-)

    cd

    ReplyDelete