Wednesday, June 23, 2010

From Kauai to ALA


I am just now putting together all my plans for ALA in DC, where I will be heading on Friday. I have made one decision about packing - I'm not bringing any print books. I am bringing the Kindle. I just spent a week in Kauai, and I let my husband try out my school's Kindle. I read books, lugged them around, got them wet, and had to pack them to come home. He read books on the Kindle and seemed quite happy. He was reading Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood, the sequel to Oryx and Crake. As he finished the novel, he wanted to then re-read Oryx and Crake, and he downloaded it right there on the beach.  So, I will lighten my load, and try it out.
Today and tomorrow I will look at schedules, maps, exhibit times, etc, and make my plans. Want to meet up? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment